Sunday, November 04, 2007

A lost

The month of October was harsh on me. (See Nov 2nd's entry.) Broke the record of most entries of parody panel manga within the shortest time. Actually, I don't really like most of them, and normally I won't draw those ideas that I don't feel interesting myself. But I lost control. It feels like... I just need to draw something, do something. I want to scream until my lungs burst, and run until my legs break, or eat chocolate until I throw up. なんか・・・まるで失恋みたいな反応だな・・・(苦笑)

It took me until now to calm down enough to write about it.

My favorite Japanese FMA fan site was closed down in the middle of October. All the content has been deleted. The site master is also my very first Japanese blog friend. We've known each other for 2 years. It is unfortunate that he cannot continue due to an unexpected personal life change. But, deleting the site is just too sad. Waaaay too sad.

This is one thing that I don't understand about the Japanese way. A lot of them close down (and delete) sites that they no longer have time for. On the other hand, there are tons of abandoned English sites. Frankly, nobody mind, or care if a site is abandoned. So why can't they just leave it as is?

Personally, when I see a site that says "closed", I can't help but think, OK you changed heart, didn't you? You lost interested, didn't you? Now you don't like that series, do you?

To delete the site is like, to erase any evidence of of love. It's like saying, I 'm no longer a fan. I don't support the series anymore. With the time it takes to delete the content, they could have written a new entry. That's why I find it so hard to believe those "busy people" are truly busy.

Sigh... looks like I'm still not calm enough... (T_T)

However, I don't think this blog friend changed heart, as he left the second FMA site and blog untouched. But, but, why can't he let the other site stay too? (T_T) This is a great lost for the FMA fan community.

No comments: